Gartner-Awarded Tool for SAP System Diagnosis
Datavard FitnessTest™ is Gartner-awarded innovative service for analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving challenges of complex SAP landscapes.
Fitness Test™ service analyzes SAP system and helps to resolve complex challenges related to:
- system performance
- data quality issues
- data growth
- system upgrades and transformations
Datavard FitnessTest uncovers potential for system size reduction. It also helps to prepare for major system upgrades such as HANA migration, S/4HANA or BW/4HANA transformation.
The analysis provides action-based recommendations and identifies strengths and weaknesses in each analyzed category. Recommendations are prepared and presented by Datavard consultants and help to define further actions aimed at optimization of the analyzed SAP® system.
I was most impressed by Datavard’s FitnessTest. The solution offers a detailed analysis of your system data, saving us time and simplifies the preparation of archiving and data cleansing processes. With the help of the FitnessTest, we were able to reduce our data volume by up to 20%.
With Fitness Test we were able to achieve considerable improvements with a minimal investment of time and, on top of that, build up knowhow for intelligent data management.
Datavard FitnessTest fulfilled our expectations completely. We especially appreciated the detailed, actionable recommendations.
We chose Datavard because we were impressed with the ability of its Datavard Outboard and Datavard FitnessTest products to analyze SAP systems from many aspects.
A Track Record of Success in Resolving SAP System Challenges
For 10 years since the first version of FitnessTest™ was delivered, Datavard customers have been able to improve system stability, performance and significantly cut their total storage size. This helped them to maximize the return on their current investments and safeguarding future investments into new technologies
FitnessTest™ assesses complex SAP ERP and BW landscapes and delivers the results in an easy-to-read report. Its main advantages are:
- Tool-based analysis maximizes the output value, keeping the investment and time required to complete the analysis low
- Helps to optimize and prepare for major system upgrades and new technologies such as HANA, S/4HANA and BW/4HANA
- Focus on data management, such as archiving potential or identification of business-critical data or data without business value
- Identifies potential for optimization of loading and reporting speed in SAP BW
- Shows trends and benchmarks all KPIs against 300+ analyzed systems
- Ongoing system monitoring with Datavard Insights after FitnessTest service is recommended and does not require additional system set up
- Action-based recommendations in each analyzed area
The software-based service can reveal the improvement potential on BW and ERP systems and often sheds a new light on your system and points to unexpected correlations.
Ready for the future? Optimize transformation to S/4HANA & BW/4HANA
We listened to our customers, and Datavard FitnessTest now offers a comprehensive check of your SAP systems before the migration to S/4HANA and BW/4HANA.
On top of a comprehensive system overview, the service is extended with:
- Execution and evaluation of standard SAP S/4HANA or BW/4HANA readiness checks such as compatibility check of components, business functions and simplification items
- Optimization of transformation considering data management and alternative transformation methods (greenfield, brownfield, selective transformation)
- Assessment of impact on existing business processes
- HANA sizing
- Input to migration project planning
- Custom code and critical transition checks
Our consultants will also help you with action-based recommendations related to each step of the S/4HANA and BW/4HANA journey.
Datavard FitnessTest can answer your questions:
- How to reduce TCO and clean up SAP system safely?
SAP systems are often polluted with data generating low business value. FitnessTest analysis is a great starting point for system size reduction and housekeeping topics. Our housekeeping check focuses on identifying frozen data: technical data which quickly loses its value once generated. Such data can therefore be deleted and free up your memory space. FitnessTest can quickly identify such data and help you to safely delete or archive it.
- How to identify business critical data and how to manage data nobody uses (hot vs. cold data)?
BW FitnessTest monitors interests of users and checks how frequently they are accessing certain data in SAP BW systems. Verifying “data temperature” is a starting point for an offloading project (archiving) or the optimization of your BW/4HANA transformation. You can also focus on the business- critical data (most used objects) and invest your valuable energy in improving performance of getting the business relevant data only.
- How to improve SAP system stability and performance?
Get the full picture! FitnessTest combines the analytical part with performance KPIs in order to uncover current bottlenecks and even potential future threads for SAP system stability. FitnessTest includes a wide range of monitoring KPIs with detailed data collection that gives the right information for a further investigation.
- How to optimize loading and improve reporting performance?
BW FitnessTest is often used as a base for detailed performance analysis. Let it be optimization of data models, queries and DTP Performance: FitnessTest will scan your system, focus on potential pain points and tell you where you are fine and where to focus.
- How to get ready for major system upgrades, migration to cloud and transformations?
Customers facing a challenging transformation project need a strategy to get the maximum value out of the transformation and optimize costs. FitnessTest helps to prepare and optimize transformation and migration projects by understanding differences in business functions, customization complexity, transformation options and methods, impact assessments, HANA sizing and careful project planning.
- How to see which parts of SAP system are being used?
See the current SAP usage, starting all the way from the general system usage (SAP modules and sub-modules) and usage of standard functions. Going further, you will find the percentage of customization in the system as well as custom objects which were created, but are no longer used.
- How to avoid risks related to low data quality?
Check your data attributes, boost the data quality and manage your data successfully. We point out inactive and aged master data and enhance the results by checking incomplete data and duplicates. It is very important to keep data quality at maximum to increase your stakeholders satisfaction.
- How to improve the system security?
Check how safe your system is. ERP FitnessTest evaluates the security parameters and password security against official SAP recommendations. FitnessTest provides basic and quick checks to keep your own and customer data safe from the inside and outside of organization.
Do you have any questions?
Just use our callback service.
We´ll reach out to you at your preferred time.
Others also read
Datavard Blog Newsletter
Subscribe to our free blog newsletter and receive valuable tips, tricks, and expert knowledge about SAP transformations, SAP data management, cloud migration, TCO reduction, data lifecycle management, and more.