Solving the data growth issue
One of the most important resources within a company is data. Having high-quality data helps organizations run efficiently, understand customer’s needs, and allow organizational leaders to make informed decisions. Companies are continually experiencing a year over year increase in data growth, resulting in database capacity reaching its limit and becoming a system bottleneck.
What are the typical solutions to such challenges?
- Incur higher storage and licenses costs (HANA & S/4HANA)
- Begin archiving/offloading of data to a more cost-efficient storage location
Datavard opts for data archiving to lower TCO for our customers. This is achieved through our software solution Datavard Outboard.
Datavard Outboard is a cost-effective and customizable data management solution that helps identify and declutter data within an organization by classifying the data as warm, cold, and frozen in the system. Outboard allows organizations to move less critical data, temporary data, and data with a legal retention policy to a cost-effective storage provider of choice (30+ different options), saving on storage costs and significantly reducing the database size!
The three-step data management process for the best results
Datavard’s three-step process creates a customized strategy based on organizational needs:
- Outboard DataTiering enables organizations to create a multi-level data tiering strategy according to predefined rules (i.e., legal retention period) and/or utilization. DataTiering quickly indicates warm and cold data to move to a cost-efficient storage option and reduce your data’s growth rate.
- Outboard Housekeeping automatically identifies and removes temporary data to help keep your SAP system lean and clean. Temporary data is either deleted or highly compressed and stored in a “recycling bin,” allowing unnecessary data to no longer occupy expensive memory or decrease database performance.
- Outboard DataFridge is a lean solution for system decommissioning, which supports mass archiving when a mature SAP system is no longer needed. DataFridge is an end-to-end system decommissioning tool that will extract data from legacy systems, import data from multiple source systems into inexpensive storage, retrieve user access, and perform extracts as needed. It will delete retention periods or legal hold data at the end of its lifecycle.
Using one or all three products of the Datavard Outboard Suite reduces data growth, resulting in better system performance and lower maintenance and storage costs. These benefits will improve the quality of data within the system and allow for more informed decision-making.
Schedule a time with one of our technical experts to address your questions and see how Outboard will reduce your TCO: