Data is a lot of work, but it also holds great potential: Those who understand their data make better decisions and can react faster. We‘ll help you to make more out of your data.
Our Business Intelligence services:
- Design of an innovative and integrated analytics architecture considering all existing data sources and systems
- Advice on the choice of BI tool (front-end and back-end) taking your business and technical requirements into account
- Technical implementation of your new analytics architecture
How you can get more out of your data
Visualization of your data is an important first step which can also be implemented quickly. You can transform boring data lists and numerical series into convincing dashboards with colorful charts to understand relationships, track trends or identify problems.
With Business Intelligence you can not only make trends visible, but also predict future developments. You can use measurement results to predict the failure of machines or vehicles and initiate maintenance measures before a total breakdown occurs. You can also control your production on the basis of expected future sales figures and thus reduce manufacturing and storage costs. These are just two of many possible use cases for predictive analytics.
Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine.
The right architecture for your requirements
Predictive analytics, data science, IoT – the possibilities for using your data are manifold. But to implement these applications, you need a suitable analytics architecture: Flexible, so that your idea can quickly become a prototype. Cost-effective, so that you can also store large amounts of data without regrets. Integrative, so that you can link and evaluate data from different sources.
We show you exactly what your new BI architecture could look like. In a strategy workshop, we compare your requirements and goals as well as the technical conditions with various modern solution alternatives and design a coherent overall BI architecture concept. In doing so, we orient ourselves, for example, on the following criteria:
- Application scenarios: Which processes or key figures do you want to control or monitor and which applications in the field of data science, machine learning, IoT or predictive analytics are planned?
- Data sources: Which data sources and systems are available and in which formats can the data be provided?
- Data integration: Should data from different systems or data sources be merged for analysis purposes? You can, for example (with Datavard Glue™) transfer SAP BW or ERP data to a data lake and link and analyze it with data from external systems.
- Application integration: In which applications do you want to use your BI reports and dashboards?
- Visualization: Should data be visualized in a dashboard and which drill-down options are required?
- Data Exploration: Do you need planning or forecasting functions or statistical scripting capabilities in addition to reports?
In order to determine the optimal BI architecture for you, we examine all conceivable options and include cloud scenarios as well as on-premise variants. In addition, as an independent consulting partner, we can present you with both SAP and non-SAP solution approaches.
Possible architecture variants
Even though a multitude of variants and hybrid forms are conceivable with modern BI architecture, the specific form depends on company-specific conditions, two basic forms of architecture can be distinguished:
With this variant, the classic SAP data from accounting or logistics is loaded into SAP BW and evaluated. Mass data from other systems, such as sensor or measurement data, which does not follow the SAP object logic and whose storage in SAP does not appear economical for cost reasons, can be loaded into a cloud-based corporate data lake. A data lake offers a high degree of flexibility at lower costs. The Datavard solution GLUE™ is available as a link between SAP systems and the data lake. It transfers relevant SAP data to the data lake, which can then be used to develop innovative applications in the area of automation and AI/ML.
Depending on the existing system landscape and the planned application scenarios, it may also make sense to set up a completely independent analytics backend. Platforms such as Microsoft Azure or Snowflake are suitable technologies for this purpose.
Development of Corporate Data Lakes
By combining SAP data and process data from non-SAP systems in a corporate data lake, you can develop new, innovative applications in the field of digitization and automation. Examples are solutions for predictive maintenance of machines and IoT applications.
As the technical foundation for a corporate data lake, we recommend cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure or Hadoop databases.
We advise you on the development of a corporate data lake and take over the technical implementation and migration of your existing data. With our own software solution Datavard GLUE™ you can also connect your SAP systems to your data lake via a native and certified interface and automatically transfer transaction or master data to the cloud.
Microsoft Power BI and Teams
Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics solution that allows you to easily analyze and visualize data. Integration with Microsoft teams also allows you to easily share your reports and dashboards with colleagues.
- simple operation thanks to MS Office products
- easy connection to different data sources
- easy sharing on any end device
- low costs (SaaS solution)
We would be happy to present Microsoft Power BI to you in a workshop and show you how you can connect existing data sources and systems.
SAP Analytics Cloud
The SAP Analytics Cloud is an SAP SaaS platform for business intelligence and analytics. In addition to simple visualization and analysis of mass data, it supports more complex analytics functions such as Smart Discovery for recognizing cause-and-effect relationships and predictive analysis based on machine learning. In addition, SAP Analytics Cloud for planning provides a full-fledged solution for integrated business planning.
- modeling, visualization, planning and predictive analysis as well as forecasting, machine learning and R-visualization in one application
- digital boardroom for interactive reporting in conference rooms
- easy integration of SAP and non-SAP source systems
- low costs (SaaS solution)
Let us show you the diverse application possibilities of the SAP Analytics Cloud and ask us for a demo workshop.
Do you have specific questions you would like to discuss with us right away?
Others also read
Subscribe to our free blog newsletter and receive valuable tips, tricks, and expert guidance on SAP transformations, SAP data management, cloud migration, TCO reduction, data lifecycle management, and more.