With every change, it is important that your SAP systems keep pace with your growth and changes and that you and your employees can rely on data and processes. Are you currently planning to outsource, or integrate a part of your company or do you want to map organizational changes in your SAP systems? If so, rely on our tools and more than 20 years of expertise and bring your project safely to success. Our Datavard Transformation Suite is a flexible toolset for the realization of numerous transformation scenarios.
How we support you in your SAP transformation:
- Planning of your SAP transformation project including all necessary business and technical project steps
- Analysis of your SAP systems for relevant master and transaction data as well as customizing entries, taking into account the entire SAP suite (ERP, BW, CRM, SCM, GTS, and SRM)
- Execution of your SAP data transformations with minimum downtime and maximum security in the implementation
- Implementation of system upgrades and system conversions
Analysis and roadmap
Your project may seem complex and barely achievable to you – until we work out a specific plan for you. To do this, we first take a look at the intended target scenario together and carry out a thorough inventory of your SAP systems. In the process, we use our intelligent tools to identify all relevant interfaces, master data, and transaction data. We check all customizing entries to uncover differences between source and target systems and derive necessary harmonization measures.
You will receive from us a detailed roadmap with all the steps to be taken – from the preparation of your systems to the actual data harmonization with several test phases right through to the go-live.
Mergers and acquisitions
The integration of an external company or part of a company is a Herculean task, not only from an organizational point of view. With the consolidation of IT systems, a major technical hurdle must also be overcome.
Consolidating the SAP landscape requires precise planning. Although SAP systems, as standard software, are similar in structure and data model, they differ significantly in their configuration and data usage depending on the company. Direct data transfer is often not possible, and data to be transferred must first be harmonized for your SAP system.
In order for you to succeed in this complex undertaking and for your new project to be ready to start on time in your own SAP systems, all steps must be correctly planned and correctly executed. With our service package for system landscape transformation, we offer you a tried and tested process model. You can count on us, from the planning and creation of time and project plans to the preparation and implementation of data migration.
- First of all, we take stock of the current system landscape and define the desired target picture together with you.
- Using a tool-supported delta analysis, we identify all differences between your existing SAP systems and those to be integrated. This provides us with a catalog of measures that includes all technical and functional measures that need to be carried out during the data transfer. We create a robust and detailed project plan for the entire integration project.
- Several test cycles ensure that automatic data transformations were carried out correctly.
- After successful testing, nothing stands in the way of going live. The go-live migration can usually be carried out at the weekend with minimal downtime.
Turn your integration venture into a plannable and secure project and rely on our experience from more than 300 completed SAP system landscape transformations. Our experts ensure smooth integration while fully maintaining data integrity and without noticeable effects on your processes.
Carve-outs and divestitures
In a carve-out, we extract data belonging to the divested business unit completely from your existing SAP systems and make it available to the new owner. The complexity and duration of the system-related carve-out can vary greatly depending on the initial situation. The decisive factor here is how the business unit to be divested is currently implemented in your SAP system. Essentially, three scenarios are conceivable:
- The divested business unit is implemented in SAP as one or more company codes that can be sold completely.
- The divested business can be outsourced off as a plant or several plants and then sold in its entirety.
- The carve-out concerns only one product line or business unit whose data is mixed with other data not belonging to the divested business unit.
If the data of the part of the company to be outsourced is mixed with data of units not affected, a special procedure is required. In this case, all transaction data must be checked and, if necessary, cleaned up, for example, in the case of orders or purchase orders with mixed items. However, our Datavard Transformation Suite allows us to automate this data analysis and identify relevant data objects quickly and reliably. We will then coordinate necessary cleanup measures with your business department.
Let us design a migration strategy that makes sense for your situation to minimize time and costs while ensuring maximum security for the go-live.
Reorganization and harmonization
Do you want to implement organizational changes in your SAP systems or adjust or harmonize master data to a greater extent?
Then we would be happy to take over the planning and implementation of the necessary data transformations for you: secure, fast, and taking into account all your SAP systems (ERP, BW, CRM, SCM, GTS, and SRM). Adjustments can affect the following data objects in particular:
- Organizational units: renaming organizational units (controlling area, company code, plants, other lower-level organizational units such as a sales organization or purchasing organization)
- Company codes: merging or separating several company codes (company code merge/company code split)
- Profit centers and cost centers: profit center and cost center conversions with renaming and/or merging of profit centers and cost centers
- Chart of accounts: chart of accounts conversions with changes to GL accounts, cost elements, and the chart of accounts directly. Accounts can be renumbered or combined with other similar accounts
- Master data: harmonization of your master data including renaming or merging of customer and vendor numbers, business partner numbers and material numbers
- Fiscal year adjustments: implementation of changes such as shortening the fiscal year and changes to the numbering of fiscal years to align several SAP systems
In addition to these objects, other types of hierarchy levels, data objects and fields can also be modified. Contact us – we would be happy to look at your specific requirements together with you.
System upgrades and system conversions
Our offer includes the implementation of system conversions and upgrades for SAP systems. This includes, for example, the import of new releases, OS/DB migrations, and the conversion of non-Unicode systems to Unicode, for example, in the run-up to an S/4HANA migration. The change from classic SAP systems to S/4HANA and B/4HANA is possible using the Datavard Transformation Suite.
Using the innovative tools of our .DTS, we can combine several individual project steps into one step. This allows us to significantly reduce the testing effort and minimize the number of planned system failures.